I started making this little needle book today. The cover is a sample of upholstery fabric. The inner page is two layers of muslin merged together with running stitches a la Jude Hill. I didn't think about finishing the edges until I'd already sewn the center in. I'm in the process of buttonhole stitching around the edge of the cover. The muslin page will need something too because it frays like crazy. It's actually a very dark red. If I can somehow get the second picture I took of it the colors are much more accurate.
I was trying to post this from my new tablet. It was an experiment and it didn't work out very well. The picture was sideways, and when I wanted to get in and edit it from Typepad I lost the post. Several times. These are all learning mistakes, and that makes them ok. Otherwise how will we learn? But it made me forget what I was going to say while I try and untangle more technical information.
Ok, there it is. I had to email the photos I took with the tablet to the PC and work on them there. Thank you Photoshop. I'm pleased with the clear resolution from the tablet's camera, and horrified at the huge size. I shrank it to 30% before I emailed it and it was still 12" across and nearly 500 kb. Way too big to send in email or post here. There's obviously a lot more to figure out.
This post is turning out to be What I Did On My Christmas Break. There was sewing and good company and fun, but it was all mixed up with trying to learn a new operating system. If you ask me if I love my tablet I can't tell you. I'll get back to you about it in a few weeks.
Have a very happy New Year.